Our Google API module helps you to connect your Google Sheets data to your digital signage.
Follow the steps below to:
- Connect your Google Account and authorise use of your data
- Link your Google Drive folder(s)
- Google Sheets - Tips & Tricks
To connect with your Google Account, we need you to authorise access to your data:
- Login to the admin console
Note: Admin or Super User account required
- Open Contegro Start > Administration > Global Module Settings
- Open 'Google API'
- Authenticate one or more Google Accounts
NB: If your browser has a pop-up blocker, please adjust the settings to allow the 'Google sign in' page to load.
To link to your Google Drive folders:
- Complete the authentication steps above
- Open your Google Drive folder and copy the folder ID into the global settings
TIP: Hit enter or add a line break to add multiple Google Drive Folder IDs
Google Sheets - Tips & Tricks
- Copy shared templates
- Open the supplied link in your browser (e.g. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/..../copy)
- Click [Make a copy]
- Sign in with your Google Account
- Rename the file
- Move the saved file to your Google Drive folder
- Delete empty cells - Remove empty columns and rows
- Images - Valid URLs can be used to insert images in your Google Sheet. We highly recommend that you host images locally on your website, a secure site or FTP folder with 'Read' permissions. To link to an image URL, enter =image("<add URL between quotations>") in the cell.
- Caching - The 'Minutes to cache Google API calls' global setting determines how long it will take for documents and changes within the linked Google Drive folder(s) to be updated in Contegro.