Adding videos to your Vibe channel (using your included Live Stream or Video templates) is a great way to connect, inspire and engage your viewers!
It is important to choose a meaningful video* that is easily understood if your audio is muted. If your viewers cannot hear the audio, a useful trick is to include subtitles automatically via YouTube.
Please see the instructions below to set up forced captions for your video**. Just be aware that this will force subtitles for anyone viewing this video on YouTube.
*A clear objective for sharing video content on Vibe is key. Videos should be relevant and provide key messaging or a call to action that your employees/viewers will understand.
**You will need to be the owner of the YouTube videos to use the features below.
Adding Transcriptions (writing your own subtitles)
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Choose 'Your Videos' from the left hand side menu.
- Click the option 'YouTube Studio' in the top right
- On the left, you will see an option for 'Subtitles', select this and it will take you to a page with all of your uploaded videos.
Note: if you want to use the automatically generated subtitles from YouTube, see step 7.
- Here, you can choose which video to add subtitles to. Click add on the video you want to add to, and this will take you to a new page.
- Choose the option which best suits your needs for adding subtitles. Follow the instructions to complete the transcript.
- Choose the option to publish these subtitles.
Forcing Closed Captions
While in YouTube Studio
- To ensure that your video has forced captions, choose the details tab on the left hand side for the video that will require captions.
- In the tags section, add the code yt:cc=on
- Click 'Save' in the top right