As your electronic document library grows, you can manage your document categories in the admin console:
Step 1: Login to the admin console and open Add-On Modules > Document Library > Categories
Step 2: In the Document Category manager:
- Create / update categories
- Remove categories
- Quick add - Click [New], edit the fields below and click [Save]:
- *Category Label - Set the category name (e.g. Health & Safety)
- *Category URL - By default, this field is auto-populated with the category label (above). Leave the default or edit to suit.
NB: This field may only contain up to 50 alpha-numeric characters and hyphens. Any spaces must be replaced by hyphens.
- Belongs To - Set the location of the new category in the Document Library category tree
(e.g. assign to a parent category or leave as 'Root Level' to create a new parent category)
- Category Image (optional) - Set the category icon (ideal for parent categories)
- To edit an existing category, locate and select your category (in the Select Category section) and edit the properties in the Edit Categories section above.
- To delete a category, locate and select your category (in the Select Category section) and click [Delete].
- Before you delete a category, ensure that the category is empty (i.e. move all documents to a new category).