Menu Flexi (Bubbles) & Menu Mains
These menus accommodate a large range of content options for food, hot and cold drinks, cocktails and specials of the day! The flexible designs are ideal for many situations and look good even when there's just a few menu items.
- Modern styling with a focus on titles.
- Dietary labels
- Calorie Count
- Title, Summary, Price
- Day and Day-part scheduling
- Images displayed on rotation throughout duration of the slide
- Layout allows from 1 to 4 sections and is designed to look balanced with a limited range of items.
- Menu Flexi (Bubbles) showing 4 categories, with assigned images
- Menu Flexi (Bubbles) showing 3 categories
- Menu Mains showing 3 categories
- Menu Mains is designed to be very flexible with the amount of menu items you have.
- When you have too much content, it will 'flow' off the bottom of the slide and not be seen.
- If this happens, you should reduce summary content to fit more items in, like this...
Adding Menu Items
Download a copy of the example template locally, create a version, complete the content and reupload. You'll see content immediately within the Preview.
- Add menu details to the Menu tab
- Set menu categories in the Category tab
- Set and dietary labels in the DietaryLabels tab
- Set timeslots to show menu items on screen during the day at different times in the Timeslot Tab
- This Tab is for when you have a promotion, use the Promo tab
|Category||Enter the exact name used in the Category tab|
|Title||Enter the name of your menu item|
|Summary (optional for Left Position)||
Use to add more details, keep in mind a short length, any overflow content will be cut-off (and any Dietary labels that are assigned to it).
Menu Flexi (Bubbles) - a 'fallback' for when there is just too much text to practically accommodate. Dietary Labels are prioritized over the Summary for space, an ellipsis will display if the end of the summary cannot fit comfortably.
|Additional Information (optional for Left Position)||This is open format field, so you can add any additional information such as a calorie or kilojoule count e.g. 180 cal / 5.5 kj|
|Dietary Labels (optional for Left Position)||Please enter the exact label specified in the DietaryLabel tab. Use commas to separate (with no space) e.g. V,DF,GF.|
This is an open format field so you can add any pricing e.g. $5.50, 50c
|Image (optional)||Format will depend on your data management option (SharePoint, File Upload or Google Sheets). See 'Data Entry Tips' for more details|
|Day||Content items that have a Category assigned will show on screen, even if the Day column is empty. To specify whether a menu item is only available on specific days, enter a short 3-letter day name. Your item will only show on the day(s) entered. To list multiple days, add a comma with no space.
e.g. To exclude Wednesday, enter: Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun
|Timeslot||Any content items that has a Category assigned will show on screen, even if the Timeslot column is empty. To day-part schedule menu items, enter the exact name used in the Timeslot tab.
e.g. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
|Category||Add one category per row. This value should be copied to your Menu tab exactly as its entered here. This will group your menu items according. The categories will also be used as the menu section heading in the slide and appear in the same order as they appear in the spreadsheet.
e.g. Mains, or All Desserts $7
Left or Right options (to match design). Use these to re-position your menu categories in the slide.
Left - The design/space allows for written content from all Menu Columns
Right - The design/space is limited to only written content from the Title and Price Columns. The Image Column can also be used.
|Label||Add one label per row. You can abbreviate or show the full name e.g. Dairy Free or DF. Labels will display in the same order as the rows in the spreadsheet, regardless of the order they appear in the Menu Tab.|
|Colour||Pre-set colours have been added. Please change to your own HEX colours if desired.|
This Tab is for when you have a promotion. Such as "Celebrating Christmas Week", where your menu may feature Christmas theme. you may wish to add an appropriate image and Caption to support the theme.
Adding content within this tab will override item images (i.e. only promo images will show and loop).
|Image||The file format will depend on your data management option (SharePoint, File Upload or Google Sheets). See 'Data Entry Tips' for more details|
|Image Caption||Short text caption of the promotion you are running. Ideal 2-5 words. Content will cut-off after about 10 words.|
|Day Part||Set timeslots to show menu items on screen during the day at different times e.g Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Start||Set a start time for each day part. e.g. 7.00am|
|End||Set an end time for each day part. e.g. 10.00am|
- All fields a general 'Text' fields. If you are having issues with seeing 'patchy' data. Ensure all fields are 'Text' or 'General'
- Is there a maximum number of menus items? What will show in screen is dependent on how many items you have overall on any given day. The slide is designed to not show an error, but if you have too many items that contain lengthy Titles, Summaries and a lot of Dietary labels, you may find that some will not show, or will be cut off the bottom of the screen.
- Use a Slide/spreadsheet per café within your organisation. You will need to create a new Slide and spreadsheet for each café.
- The slide will auto-refresh every 1 minute to remove items that are not available in the current time. However, this behaviour is only more useful for spreadsheet items than for web portal items. This is because:
- When using a Spreadsheet - items will be loaded to the slide, and the slide will use the Day and Timeslot columns to control items' visibility.
- When using the Vibe Web Portal - the server will control items' visibility via date, time and repeat fields, so only some items will be loaded on the slide at a time. When the player syncs (every 5 minutes) and gets a new update from the server, the player will reload the slide with new items.
Take advantage of downloading our default assets as a guide to create your own, if you wish to change them.