Want to livestream on Vibe?
Follow the steps below to setup and pre-schedule a YouTube livestream in your portal. If you reuse the same slide for subsequent livestreams, you MUST adjust the details EACH separate time.
- Step 1 - Find the livestream on YouTube
- Step 2 - Create a Livestream slide
- Step 3 - Duration & Advanced Scheduling
- Step 4 - Update your playlists
Step 1: Find the livestream on YouTube
- Locate your livestream link (such as youtube.com/americascup), then copy the YouTube Video ID
Step 2: Create a Livestream slide in your portal
- In the slide manager (Slides), create a new slide using the 'Live Stream' template
- In the Use Content From dropdown, select 'YouTube Live Stream'
- In the YouTube Video ID field, paste the YouTube Video ID (from step 1)
Step 3: Setup a schedule to auto publish your slide
- Before adding the slide to a playlist, update the following attributes:
- Duration (required): Set to 7200 which is a 2 hour window.
- Advanced Schedule: Set the start date to the time that you want to start publishing the slide, ensuring that the YouTube livestream is live at the time selected.
Step 4: Update/check your 'playlists' and screen 'on/off timers'
To make your sure your slide goes live at the scheduled time, remember to add it to one or more playlists ahead of time.
- Certain Livestream Video links will not work on (older) WebOS 2 Screens.
- If you reuse this slide for subsequent races, you MUST adjust the details to match the next race time.
- For each livestream, you MUST insert a new ID.