Install Guide - WebOS2 & WebOS3.0
Note: it is recommended that you have a Wireless (USB) Keyboard & Mouse to perform this operation. Plug the USB receiver into the USB port on the LG (webOS) display.
Supported LG Models
If you have purchased one of the following supported LG digital signage models, please use the setup steps below:
- webOS 3 - SM5KC Series (32/43/49/55/65 inch)
- webOS 2 - SM5KB Series (32/43/49/55/65 inch)
- Remove the badge from the base of the screen (Screwdriver required)
Turn TV on and
Follow the WebOS Wizard in setting up the screen
- Ensure that the Region set (on the first setup of the LG screen) is set to the correct country. eg: New Zealand or Australia.
- Connect to a wired (recommended) or wireless network connection
Install the Digital Signage app
To launch your digital communications, please download and install the Digital Signage app on your LG digital display.
To do this, please check the installation checklist, then continue with the steps below:
Download the Digital Signage app for webOS
- Power on your LG display
Open the LG Server Settings
- Press and hold the Settings () button on the LG remote control until a chat bubble icon appears in the top-right corner.
- When bubble icon appears, press 8 0 8 0 then OK on the remote.
When you've successfully opened the Server Settings, apply the following settings to download the Digital Signage app:
- Set Application Launch Mode to Local
Set Fully Qualified Domain Name to ON and:
Use one of the following Digital Signage webOS app download URLs below:
- The custom IPK URL supplied to you via email
(For LG SM5KB series/WebOS2 screens only)
NB: This is not the Contegro Site URL.
- Set File Type to IPK
- Set Local Application Upgrade to Remote
- Select Confirm
Note: A message will appear on the screen confirming that the Digital Signage for LG WebOS client installation has been successful
- Turn the TV off if the app download is successful. Then turn it back on.
Note: The Digital Signage app will automatically start after the TV is powered on. Please wait a few seconds until a green screen appears.
Alternative installation using a USB storage device
Create a new folder on your USB drive:
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer and create an Application folder
- Download the latest app version from https://www.digitalcomms.nz/webos/com.lg.app.signage.ipk
- When the download is complete, eject your USB flash drive
- Insert the USB device into the USB port on your LG WebOS screen
Using the remote, power the display on and open Server Settings
- Set Application Launch mode to Local
- Set Application Type to IPK
- Set Location Application Upgrade to USB
- Select [Confirm] to start the install
- When the installation is complete, use the remote to power the screen off then on and wait a few seconds for the app to launch
Configure / Setup the Digital Signage App
After the app has downloaded successfully and you've restarted your screen, wait for the app to load before carrying out the steps below:
- Press the YELLOW button on the remote to open the Digital Signage app settings.
TIP: If using a remote, use the arrow keys or press the YELLOW button to navigate to each setting. Use the OK button select a setting.
Update the app settings:
- Contegro Site URL
Enter username and password (checkbox)
If a username and password have been supplied:
- Toggle setting on (using the OK button on the remote or a wireless mouse)
- Enter the supplied details in the corresponding setting
If an auth code has been supplied:
- Toggle setting off (using the OK button on the remote or a wireless mouse)
- Enter the auth code (with no spaces)
- Portrait Mode - If the screen orientation is 'Portrait', turn this setting on (although it is preferable to do this in the TV settings)
- Minutes between syncs - Default = 5. Leave setting as is or adjust to suit
- Seconds between info bar syncs - Default = 30. Leave setting as is or adjust to suit
- Disable Information Bar - Leave setting off by default; unless a request to disable the info bar has been received.
- When all app settings have been entered correctly, press [SAVE AND SYNC] to start downloading content.
- Press the BLUE button on the remote to check the logs to see if slides downloaded successfully.
Install Guide - WebOS3.2 & WebOS 4.0+
Read First: Install Checklist - Hardware & Network Requirements Note: it is recommended that you have a Wireless (USB) Keyboard & Mouse to perform this operation. Plug the USB receiver into the USB port on the LG (webOS) display. Supported LG Models ...
Read First - Install Checklist - Hardware & Network Requirements Note: it is recommended that you have a Wireless (USB) Keyboard & Mouse to perform this operation. Plug the USB receiver into the USB port. Supported Philips models Purchase one of the ...
Read First: Install Checklist - Hardware & Network Requirements To allow online remote support, please consider installing remote management software onto your Windows machine (e.g. TeamViewer) and contact email@example.com to provide access to your ...
Screensaver Setup Guide
Windows Read First To deploy the screensaver to multiple laptops/PCs, please ask your IT team to set up a Group Policy to deploy an MSI Package (which contains our Screensaver executable file and the relevant configuration settings). To customise the ...
Install Guide for Philips (Android)
Read First - Install Checklist - Hardware & Network Requirements We recommend using a Wireless (USB) Keyboard & Mouse to perform this operation. Plug the USB receiver into the USB port. Supported Philips models Purchase one of the following supported ...