Why did I receive a downtime alert?
If you have an LG system-on-chip device or a Philips Android display, you can schedule active monitoring
to automatically alert you via email if your devices/screens are not syncing or receiving data.
If you receive a downtime alert and the screen does not reconnect on its own, you should take immediate action to reconnect the device. New content will not show onscreen until a reconnection is established and the Vibe.fyi app runs a successful sync.
The most common reasons you receive a downtime alert are:
- The network connection has dropped (or WiFi is unstable)
- Your digital display has been powered off (during active monitoring times)
- The source/input on your digital display has been changed (causing the Vibe.fyi player app to stop running)
- The Vibe.fyi player app has lost its settings
How can I check if my screens are connected?
Use the following tools to manually check the status of your screens:
- Uptime Report
If screens are not syncing, please run the following checks.
- Device Manager
If screens are not receiving data, please run the following checks.
Quick Check Guide for Offline Screens
Is your screen powered on?
If no, try powering the screen on and wait a few minutes to see if the Vibe.fyi player app starts syncing automatically.
If the screen does not power on, contact your hardware supplier.
Is your screen powered on and showing content?
If yes, this indicates that the network may have dropped. You can confirm this by pushing the BLUE button on the screen remote to view the Vibe.fyi player app logs.
If you see logs which indicate that your screen has a network issue, try reconnecting to the assigned wireless network
OR contact IT regarding your fixed connection. If you confirm that there is a wireless receiver issue, contact your hardware supplier to discuss a replacement screen.
If the network drops or the connection is lost, the Vibe.fyi player app will continue to show stored content until a reconnection is established and new content is downloaded
Is your screen showing the Vibe.fyi logo, but not syncing?
- Push the BLUE button on the screen remote to view the Vibe.fyi player app logs. Use this article to help you troubleshoot any errors in the app logs.
Push the YELLOW button on the screen remote to view the Vibe.fyi player app settings. If the settings are blank, contact your administrator to confirm the Site URL and auth code (or email email@example.com).
Is your screen showing the Vibe.fyi logo and a syncing status?
This indicates that your screen is attempting to run a sync. If the sync is not able to fully complete, this may mean that your network connection is unstable or weak. Try using a fixed network or a strong wifi connection.
If your network meets the requirements and the sync is failing, use this article
to help you troubleshoot any errors in the app logs OR contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to confirm whether there are any slides in your playlist that need to be checked.
Is your screen blank or not launching the Vibe.fyi app?
If pushing the blue or yellow buttons on the remote does not open the Vibe.fyi player app settings or logs:
- LG: Try pushing the Home button on the remote and searching for the (Contegro or Vibe.fyi) Digital Signage app. When you locate the app, press OK on the remote to launch the app. Then push the blue button on the remote to open and check the logs.
- Philips: Check the setup guide to ensure that the Vibe.fyi player app has been installed correctly.
A stable network connection is required for a continuous remote connection and content downloads. If your screen is powered on but you have lost the remote connection or content is not updating, check your network connection.
- We highly recommend using a fixed/wired network connection.
- If you using a WIFI/wireless connection, we recommend a signal strength of 60% or more.
If the wireless connection has a browser prompt, please ask the IT team to remove the prompt.
- Vibe Cloud - Allow port 443 & contact email@example.com to confirm the server IP address or URL
- LG SoC Displays only
- For LG Firmware updates, allow http://signup.lge.com
- Internet Uptime check for Vibe WebOS – www.google.com
- Internet Uptime check for LG Screen – 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (http://lgtvonline.lge.com)
If there is a known outage, wait for the wireless network to come back online and check if the device appears in the Uptime Monitor
or Device Manager
- If there are no known outages, use the remote to check whether the screen network settings are correct
- If the screen network settings are correct, but your screen is still showing as offline or not receiving data, try connecting to the same WIFI network on your mobile device and confirm that the connection is functioning as expected. If not, discuss further with IT.
- If the WIFI network is operating correctly, ask your IT team to check the router and also confirm that there is no limit to the number of devices that can connect (if using a public network)
If there is a known outage, wait for confirmation that the network is available and check if the device appears in the Uptime Monitor
or Device Manager
If there are no known outages, check whether the Vibe Cloud server needs to be whitelisted. If yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a list of IP addresses.
If the display is on and the network connection is stable, please confirm that the Vibe.fyi app is running.
Philips SoC devices
- Ask your onsite contact to press the Yellow or Blue button on the Philips remote.
- If the app settings (yellow) or app logs (blue) do not appear onscreen, talk through these steps to launch the app:
- On the remote, push Home + 1888 to launch admin mode
- Select Apps
- Navigate to and select [Digital Signage], then push OK on the remote to open the app
IF the app is launched successfully and content does not appear onscreen or the device does not appear in your Devices remote management tool (admin console) after 3-4 minutes, please ask your onsite contact to take a photo of the app logs and app settings and email them to you for further investigation.
How To - Monitor Screens and Send Remote Commands
This article applies to LG (WebOS) SoC and Philips (Android) devices only. Devices Tab Login to the admin console Open Contegro Start >Device > Remote Management To edit or view the device details, click Edit The modal window will display the details ...
Downtime alert from portal We are able to see if the Screen is down from the portal Login to portal and check for Uptime report column. If there is a warning symbol near the uptime report means there is screens that are not connected if all screens ...
Connect MicroStrategy to Vibe To connect your raw MicroStrategy report JSON to Vibe, please follow the steps below: Create an active account for 'Vibe' and allow access to your PROD & DEV pages Supply the following information to email@example.com. ...
Touch Foil troubleshooting tips
Touch Screen is showing False Touches Is there anything stuck on the foil near the touches? Has there been water running down the screen? If so clean the foil, restart the media plaer and check if that resolves issue. Is there a minimum 10mm gap ...
Windows Azure: Outlook 365 calendar
This document assumes that you are already signed up for Windows Azure. To sign up, go to https://account.windowsazure.com/SignUp . You may be asked to enter a credit card number, but we don't need you to do anything which costs money, so you won't ...